Grandly Green Environmental Program
The Hotel Grand Pacific is committed to environmental stewardship in all aspects of business. The property’s environmental practices involve management, employees, guests and the public, and have shown substantial and measurable results. The hotel is committed to the implementation of proactive measures to help protect and sustain the local, national and global environment for future generations.
- First full-service hotel in Victoria to receive a rating of “Four Green Keys” by the Hotel Association of Canada’s Green Key Eco-Rating Program.
- First hotel in Canada to launch an EcoFit program. The program harnesses the energy output from cardio machines in the Athletic Club, generating clean, green energy for the hotel. The Victoria Athletic Club has installed one pod of 10 machines, and expects that they will save approximately $3,000 in electricity costs per year. For more information visit www.myecofit.com.
- Supporting ecofriendly drivers, the hotel also now offers guests access to our new Electric Vehicle Charging Station located in P1 underground parking.
- Integrated composting system of organic waste through BFI Canada. For more information visit www.bficanada.com.
- Hotel staff use non-toxic chemicals for cleaning where possible, and all of the property’s 304 rooms feature energy efficient lighting, low-flow toilets, low-flow showerheads and aerators on taps.
- Guests are encouraged to participate in the hotel’s efforts by using towels and bed linens for more than one day, and to turn off the air-conditioning and open the balcony door instead for fresh, cooling air during the summer.
- All bath amenities are cruelty-free and biodegradable.
- All landscaping at the hotel is organic with a completely natural integrated pest management system in place.
- The energy management system enhances guest security and decreases energy use and operating costs using infared technology.
- The hotel’s “smart rooms” automatically adjust temperatures and electricity use, and maintain high security with features such as real-time remote room access information.
- Hotel staff recycle paper, cardboard, glass, cans and plastics, and “blue boxes” are placed in all guest rooms to encourage guest participation in program.
- Used toners and printer cartridges are recycled from offices and the Business Centre.
- Landfill Diversion uses our leftover soap to make laundry detergent that is then sold in local grocery stores.
- Warm air from the pool area at the on-site Victoria Athletic Club is reclaimed and used to pre-warm the hotel’s hot water, reducing the amount of energy required to heat water used at the property.